Having the correct drivers installed for your printers, is a very important part of the configuration to ensure that the speed of the application and print job completion, is optimal.
There are several key points:
- Install the printer driver locally (on the computer you are using). Don't use a 'shared' printer driver.
- If staff login at different computers, ensure the Name of the printer driver is exactly the same on each workstation e.g. 'Dymo Labelwriter 550'
- If you are connecting to a Remote Desktop session or Incisive inCLOUD, only use label printers that have an ethernet (network) port (e.g. Brother QL-700 NWB), or if there is only a USB cable for the printer (e.g. Dymo Labelwriter), have a separate label printer for each workstation.
- Use a cable to connect to the printer, not Wifi
- Choose the correct paper size in the Printer Preferences. Especially for label printers.
- In Windows > Printers & Scanners, disable the option to 'Allow Windows to manage my default printer'.
- In the Incisive application, make sure you have the correct printers selected in Setup > Workstation > Configuration.
After installing your printer driver(s) please ensure that you can do a test print from Windows to the device.
To do a test print from Windows
From (Windows) Settings > Printers & Scanners, select the printer.
To do a test print from an Apple Mac
Use a browser and put in the URL of localhost:631/printers which should load the CUPS interface
Select the printer then go to Maintenance > Print Test page.
If a test page fails to print, please contact your hardware technician.
If a test page has printed, then proceed with configuring the printer in the Incisive application.