To enable the inTOUCH application to access your Incisive database and related document or image files, the application needs to be installed on-premise and run on your network domain. The following are the requirements to run the inTOUCH web application:
- Windows Server 2016 or newer (fully patched)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 or newer
- IIS (Internet Information Server)
- IIS8 or newer
- Web Deploy-3.5 for Hosting Server (optional)
- Separate Application Pool in IIS for the inTOUCH application
- Digital certificate issued by a CA (Certifying Authority) for the IIS server (to encrypt the data feed).
Requires annual revalidation.
- Features enabled
- IIS Management Console
- Application Initialisation
- Default Document
- HTTP Errors
- Static Content
- ASP.Net 4.8 or newer
- Website hosting account with an ISP
- Static IP address allocated for your router/internet connection
- DNS Zone entry linking an 'A' Record to the Static IP
- Firewall configured to allow in-coming connections on port 443 (or other port if not 443) and out-going connections to port 445 (SMB)
- Read/Write permissions for the IIS Application Pool account to the directories & files that store the patient scanned documents, images & pdf files.
- Modify permissions for the IIS Application Pool account to the \Appdata directory
- Ability to create a data connection to the SQL Server
- Remote access for Incisive support staff
Incisive support staff are able to assist as a chargeable service.