Most computers are now configured to automatically install Windows updates and this update process can cause the Specialist Practice Manager or the Private Hospital Manager to not start up correctly.
After you have tried to start the application you may receive error messages saying 'Automation Error' or 'Object Not Found' or similar.
- Restart your computer.
- Log onto your computer using a login that has Administrator rights (you may need to ask your technician or even get them to do the following process)
- If you have an Incisive folder on your Desktop, open it and look for a shortcut called something like 'Register Program Files'. If there is one right-mouse-click on the shortcut and choose 'Run As Administrator'.
This will cause a black window to appear and it will register all the programs in the Incisive program directory.
You can start SPM or PHM up again once it has completed.
- If you do not have an option to register the program files you will need to do the following
- Click on the Start button
- Type in the word RUN and then select the Run app from the search results
- In the Run option type in the following:
C:\spmwin\registerspm.bat then press the Enter key
- A black window will appear and the files will register automatically.
You can start SPM or PHM after it has finished.
If these options do not correct the problem please contact the Incisive Helpdesk or your technician.